Skip to content

October 18, 2015

BRAIN WORKING

by Gradmama2011

(This poem is my first entry for the group MAGPIE TALES. http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2015/10/mag-290.html
The inspiration is this drawing , No. 8, Black Flowing, Jackson Pollock

No. 8, Black Flowing, Jackson Pollock

No. 8, Black Flowing, Jackson Pollock

BRAIN WORKING

So many thoughts and images
tangle and mingle and jiggle
the senses
Life in my brain is filled with riches
and images, clearly vivid
through lenses

Here is joy and happiness
awe and mystery, new invention
Never too full, always room for more
learn as much about all things
no limit — that’s my intention.

34 Comments Post a comment
  1. Oct 18 2015

Perfect pairing of picture and words!

• Oct 18 2015

that is their picture…very good picture of my brain actually … BTW, come on back to the new chat, it’s so new it can’t be manned all the time. You were like the first after Sam

2. Oct 18 2015

Nicely done!

3. Tess Kincaid
    Oct 18 2015

There is always room for more…

• Oct 18 2015

yes, I am very grateful that my brain and mind are still able to bring in new information and process the old to some extent.

4. I think that’s what a mind is… just tangles and webs.. maybe somewhere more like an ink-blot test really.

• Oct 18 2015

I think so too. how interesting it would be if our brains worked to capacity, but Im not sure we have evolved far enough to handle it.

5. Oct 18 2015

Certainly captures the ‘confusion’ implicit in the drawing. 😉

• Oct 18 2015

not so much confusion, I saw it as a conglomerate of thoughts and impressions. They say we only use ten percent of our brains.

• Oct 19 2015

Yes…So it is said..What about those – I daresay in the majority – who ‘must keep busy’…..Too little time to reflect and refresh? 😉

• Oct 19 2015

oh yes, that isn’t a problem for me…even sitting still and thinking is activity for me. I refuse to be old and just waiting to croak.

6. Oct 18 2015

I’ve been trying to figure out what the image on magpie’s site is saying for about ten minutes and then I decided to see how you tackled it. You drilled right down into the heart of the matter in a beautifully done poem. Bravo!

• Oct 18 2015

I think they used the drawing as a prompt, and whatever is the reaction to it. I didn’t know for sure how to link it to the site. thanks for your comment 😃

• Oct 18 2015

Yes, I just posted my take on the prompt. I couldn’t leave a comment on Magpie’s page. WordPress and blogger weren’t playing well together. Oh well.

7. Oct 18 2015

Your interpretation focused on the mind, which is cool. Jumble up just like the image. haha.

• Oct 18 2015

thank you, as soon as I saw the drawing the poem also came to me.

• Oct 18 2015

Instant brain working.

8. Oct 18 2015

Enjoy reading your poem- the more you look the more you can see!

9. Oct 18 2015

Well that certainly fit the picture! My brain looks like that inside, too!!! Great job.

10. Oct 18 2015

So happy to see you here from class Gradmama! There is always room for more in my brain, yours must be full of wonder you are so talented.

11. Oct 19 2015

Picture and words in chaotic harmony! Brilliant.

Rosey Pinkerton’s blog

12. Oct 19 2015

I like your interpretation of the painting very much. I hope you enjoy the Magpie group.

• Oct 19 2015

thanks othermary, appreciate it and see you over there (or here…this works nicely)

13. Tess Kincaid
    Oct 21 2015

The rhyming pattern works well here…

• Oct 21 2015

thank you, I have not written much poetry and I had great fun in the class