Skip to content

August 13, 2015

Practice with Pictures

by Gradmama2011

I have a lot of trouble with pictures.  Probably because I have not taken the time to search into the instructions; I just sort of wing-it, then when I have had enough blundering through I check the How-To and discover some little detail for the first time.

Here I am going to insert a photo.

three maple trees

three maple trees

I did!   This is my side yard, the nearest tree is a Maple that is gorgeous red in Fall.  The middle-size is a Maple that grew up through a Yucca plant and allowed to remain; the smallest one is also a volunteer that originated in the midst of a Holly bush that had seen better days, and has been pruned to encourage it to become a big tree.

Rose of Sharon blossom.

Rose of Sharon blossom

I think I’ll try a Gallery.

Read more from My Place
16 Comments Post a comment
  1. Aug 13 2015

Lovely! I’m glad you included a gallery. I’ve seen the word and never paid attention to it. I liked your captions, too. I’ve had trouble with mine.

• Aug 13 2015

the gallery works well, there also are choices for other formats such as circles or a mosaic.

2. Aug 13 2015

Beautiful gallery! You have an amazing garden!

• Aug 15 2015

thanks, I recently had Win10 installed in my computers, and wanted to explore the photo options. I love to include images in my blogging pages, and I’m pleased so far with the way it is going.

3. Aug 13 2015

You’ve got an eye, keep up the practice, it will pay off. Wade through the directions one at a time. You’ll be an expert in no time. MaryGo

• Aug 15 2015

Thanks for the encouragement, Mary. As they say, “when all else fails, read the instructions.” How true!

• Aug 15 2015

I hate reading instructions. I want to get to using what ever it is. My favorite all time bad instructions where how to hook up your VCR – they were on VCR tape. Hope you have a great day and get inspired to take a photo somewhere.

• Aug 15 2015

VCRs are the worst…there’s always some key bit of information that they don’t tell us.

4. Aug 14 2015

It looks great, I only just discovered the gallery….

• Aug 15 2015

thanks, I enjoy doing a gallery, and I especially like the mosaic, especially for a related series of photos.

5. Aug 15 2015

Good job. I also like adding photographs. I think I’ll give it a go.

• Aug 16 2015

Thank you. Adding Images really is much easier than I expected.

6. Aug 16 2015

You have inspired me to try a gallery. Yours turned out just beautifully!

• Aug 17 2015

great! I like to do galleries, yesterday I started to do one and messed it all up, so its delayed.

7. Vibrant
    Aug 31 2015

It’s such a beautiful post. You have such an amazing gallery; these flowers are so soothing for heart and soul. I would love to be in their company.

Stay blessed dear,

Anand 🙂

• Aug 31 2015

thank you Anand. Yes, there is nothing like the serenity of one’s garden to eliminate the unpleasant thoughts at least temporarily.