Skip to content

March 4, 2015

Beauty & Peril of Icicles

by Gradmama2011

[Photo101 assignment for March 4, 2015]

WATER

Nothing is more beautiful…nor more dangerous..in any form, than Water..

DSC02183 DSC02177

Read more from Uncategorized
22 Comments Post a comment
  1. Mar 4 2015

Wow… Just wow…
    Beautiful pictures!

• Mar 4 2015

glad you liked the icicles… they are melting now

• Mar 6 2015

Lucky that you could take the pictures before they melt.

• Mar 6 2015

I know, they were pretty. I was going for the pics when the sun was shining on the ice, but I only achieved it at the top. It was too cold to hang around outside.

2. Deadly H2O! I like your interpretation of the theme. 🙂

3. Mar 4 2015

wow…now that’s ice! love your Alaska pictures … gorgeous colorful towns. I’ll visit again, now have to go feed the outside cats and order pizza…for us…the cats get yummy cat food from the feed store.

4. Mar 5 2015

Dangerous indeed, but just another one of God’s creations.

5. Mar 7 2015

What a take on the theme! Nice pictures.

• Mar 7 2015

thank you so much. Yes, the icicles were just beautiful, and about the perilous aspects…my insurance people came yesterday to do an estimate on repairing my roof damage caused by ice. Fortunately its not the roof, “just” the ceilings of three rooms…which he said will probably cave in.

6. Mar 11 2015

Wow, those are amazing. I just watched a program about how dangerous the icicles can be, and how big they can get (like, covering the entire side of a building, crushing cars, etc). I never knew!

• Mar 11 2015

Yes they can really grow as water drips down. I tried to flip a slab of ice off of the table outside and could barely lift it. This year theme ice just kept getting thicker and didn’t melt. It did a number on my roof, as it melted finally the ice jam caused a lot of damage to still be determined by the insurance company.

• Mar 11 2015

So sorry about the damage! We had water leaks this year also, and it is no fun. Good luck with insurance!!

• Mar 12 2015

lol… this is my chance to see if Nationwide really IS on my side.

• Mar 12 2015

If not, you can just sing, “Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there,” and some random SF agent will show up in your living room. I saw it on TV, so it must be true…

• Mar 28 2015

Hey, Nationwide really IS on my side. They sent the claim money already. First claim I have ever had in my life. 🙂

• Mar 28 2015

Now you can go buy a purse with the money you saved! Or wait…that might be State Farm. But hey, fixing your roof is pretty cool. Who needs a purse? 🙂

7. Mar 23 2015

I love these photos. We haven’t had hardly any snow this year and therefore I haven’t seen anything like this since growing up in Wyoming.

• Mar 23 2015

Most of the snow is gone now, although it could be back. My husband always said May 20th was the earliest to start thinking the snow had really gone. This year was the most we have had in years.

8. Mar 28 2015